2030 Climate Highlights
- Maintain carbon neutrality annually for our global offices, fleet, and business travel.
- Reduce location-based GHG emissions by 30% from 2019 to 2030.
- Achieve green or healthy building certification for 40% of our global office portfolio (sq. ft.).
- Mobilize 100 suppliers to set a GHG emissions reduction target by 2025.
Protecting Our Communities
- Plant 5 million trees, prioritizing areas vulnerable to natural disasters.
- Engage and educate 50,000 stakeholders on environmental stewardship annually.
- Commit to grant $10 million to environmental causes by MetLife Foundation.
- Commit $5 million to develop products and partnerships that drive climate solutions.
- Originate $20 billion of new MIM-managed green investments.
- Originate $500 million of new MetLife impact investments, with 25% allocated to climate change priorities.
- Power all MIM-managed and controlled real estate investments with 100% renewable electricity.
1 The net zero commitment applies to greenhouse gas emissions from MetLife, Inc.’s owned and leased offices across the world, automobile fleets, employee business travel, and assets in MetLife’s general account investment portfolio, which includes the general accounts of MetLife, Inc.’s wholly owned insurance company subsidiaries, where data and methodologies are available. Emissions are tracked and reported in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol. Read more about MetLife’s climate commitments below. Additional information about MetLife’s general account investment portfolio is available here.